Saturday, May 21, 2011

Talking to God

Action Steps for Step Five:

  1. Admit to Heavenly Father
Here we get to tell Heavenly Father what we came up with in Step Four. None of this will shock or surprise him, he already knows all about it. I think this is for us. It helps humble us. Yes we have to admit we aren't as good as we thought we were. We admit it then we can work on changing whatever it is that needs changing. I think this also helps our relationship with God. It brings us closer together. It helps us turn to him and admit that we do need him after all.  This is were you can ask yourself the questions:
Are my Step 4 inventories sufficiently thorough to prepare me to confess to God?
How will this confession bless my life? 

 After doing this step the first time, I now try to recognize things as I go and do this then instead of having to dig them up from the past. But, things may still pop up now and again. The great thing about doing this is God is so loving and merciful. He is easy to talk to. He always listens with an unconditional love. Don't you wish everyone did?

No comments:

Post a Comment