Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What Are My Weapons Of Rebellion

I was reading my scriptures and I was in Alma 23. Great chapter. It is encouraging to see a people that were incredibly wicked have a complete change of heart and become righteous. Shows that there is hope for all. Shows that God is merciful too. There was one part that really made me think.
For they become a righteous people; they did lay down the weapons of their rebellion, that they did not fight against God any more, neither against any of their brethren.
Now, these are they who were converted unto the Lord:
So my question is what are my weapons of rebellion?  Doing the Twelve Steps gives us the opportunity to identify and get rid of our weapons. We discover different "weapons of rebellion" each time we go through it. I just loved the imagery of this section of scripture. Something more to think about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment