Monday, September 3, 2012

Perpetual Friday

Each of us will have our own Fridays-those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We will all experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put back together again.                                                    We All Have Our Fridays        
but I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death,
 Sunday Will Come
In the darkness of sorrow, Sunday will come.
No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next,
SUNDAY WILL COME.

--Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin


I'm thinking my Sunday will be in the next life. At least it will come.
 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. My sister in the gospel -- I stumbled upon your blog while doing some research on Gollum in the Lord of the Rings (of all things!) . . .

    I don't know you and I don't know what you're going through (only what you've shared here) -- but I hope you won't mind my $0.02 worth.

    We do have our church in common, and that's a good starting point . . . so here goes. :)

    "I'm thinking my Sunday will be in the next life. At least it will come."

    It's not supposed to be that way, my sister. You should not settle for having joy in the next life . . . this is a denial of the great power of the atonement.

    Joy in this life -- even in the midst of your afflictions -- IS possible.

    Christ's atonement can overcome all -- your heart can be healed . . . your life does not need to be an endless slog through a monochrome existence.

    May I share a couple of things that you and your husband might find inspiring?

    His Grace is Sufficient (speech)
    http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1966&view=2

    "The Peacegiver" (book)
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Peacegiver-Christ-Offers-Hearts/dp/1590382234

    I hope you and your husband find peace and JOY in the very near future.

    I'll be looking in on you from time to time, fingers crossed and with a prayer in my heart! Take care, my friend.

    Paul

    P.S. I find it very admirable that you've stuck with your husband through this. A lot of women wouldn't -- and who could blame them? -- but you seem to be made of "sturdier stuff". ;-)

    I know the Lord will bless you in your adversity.

    ReplyDelete