Friday, January 21, 2011

Feed The Recovery

You've probably heard the saying "What you think about, you bring about." It is so true. For instance, I used to focus on the negative traits of my husband instead of his positive traits. Since that was what I "fed" it got to the point, that was all I saw. I was making myself miserable. Here I was married to a man with no redeeming qualities. How could I be happy?

This reminds me of Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars. He focused on the wrong things and went to the dark side.

Thankfully, I decided things had to change, and change in a big way. I decided to stop noticing and thinking of my husbands negative qualities and focus on his good. I have to say it was hard at first. When you get so good at one thing then switch to the opposite it was hard. Especially when the relationship was not in a healthy place. So I needed outside help. I started praying daily if not several times a day to see the good in  my husband and to see him as God saw him.

That is when I really started to love and appreciate my husband. I still pray that way. It has been over a year now since I've been praying this way and it has made a world of difference in the way I see my husband. It has helped me to weather the tough times. I am much happier. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment