Monday, January 31, 2011

"Love is Kind"

Well yesterday's dare to say nothing negative, I had two little slips. But, I did catch them immediately and apologize. Maybe today will be better. http://lds.org/ensign/1980/10/patience?lang=eng This is an excellent article that I read about patience. I should read it monthly.

Day 2 Dare:
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness.
In the book "The Love Dare" it talks about "Kindness is love in action." Which is what it is. Another quote from the book I really like is: "Patience avoids a problem; kindness creates a blessing." It also broke kindness into four basic core ingredients:

  1. Gentleness: Be gentle and sensitive, speak the truth in love.
  2. Helpfulness: Meet the needs of the moment.
  3. Willingness: Be agreeable, cooperate, stay flexible. Look for reasons to compromise.
  4. Initiative: Think ahead and take the first step. Like it says in the movie Robots: "See a need, fill a need."
I have learned that the more I serve someone and being kind is a form of service, I love them more. So this step makes perfect sense. So today I am going to make my husband breakfast in bed. This morning I read an excellent talk about kindness. Here is the link: http://lds.org/ensign/2005/05/the-virtue-of-kindness?lang=eng
This is something I am going to work on with my entire family. My kids have seen too much of us not being  kind in the past. They need to see more of the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment