Monday, January 10, 2011

Open Mouth Insert Foot

Have you ever said something and then latter wish you didn't? I have.

Over 20 years ago when I first got married, I said something to my husband so he would be quiet and leave me alone. Then I forgot about it. But my dear husband didn't. It ate at  him for over 20 years. (I think it still is.) I didn't remember it until he brought it up 20 years later, and then only vaguely.  I have apologized, but to no avail. It was something that I shouldn't have said. I was young and stupid. If I could go back in time I would go back then and change that moment in time. It wasn't a loving thing to say to someone I loved. It left him feeling that I didn't love him. It didn't matter what I said or did after that, that was all he remembered and focused on. I am sure that it didn't help him with his addiction either.

I made a choice but I couldn't choose the consequences. I think twice now before I say anything. I still make mistakes but at least I am trying.

Anyone have a time machine?

No comments:

Post a Comment