Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I think my biggest enemy is myself

My thoughts can drive me crazy. Within a matter of minutes I can have a thought and my mind runs with it. I can make something little blow out of proportion and the end of the world is coming or on the flip side decide that everything is going to be a bed of roses. I have to say, things used to be more often than not on the negative side. However, when I am taking care of myself they tend to be more positive.

I love this quote: " We cannot always control everything that happens to us in this life, but we can control how we respond. When we place blame for our actions on others or circumstances that we find ourselves in, we can never gain the strngth to change."  Elder L. Lionel Kendrick 
"Strength During Struggles" Ensign, Oct. 2001

I used to blame my unhappiness on my husband. Well that didn't make me happy. I needed to take responsibility for my own actions and my own happiness. Once I started doing this (Thank you twelve steps and counseling) I started to feel better. Things started to go better. Is it perfect. No way, but geting better all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment