Sunday, January 30, 2011

Love is Patient--Say Nothing Negative All Day

Okay so today is the first day of my doing "The Love Dare." So here is what is says for today:
"The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say  nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret." The Love Dare pg.4
I'm thinking this will be an easy day for me this time around. Last time I did this, not so easy. I wasn't so patient. But I have been working on this for a while and I am much more patient than I have ever been. So I hope I don't blow it today.

When my husband would say something I didn't like or agree with I would respond immediately, defend myself. I didn't really take the time to listen to what he was saying and think about it. So I would respond and things would go from bad to worse. Now I listen and try to understand before I say anything and it is much more peaceful around here.
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God." James 1:19-20 
Let the dare begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment