Thursday, January 13, 2011

Most Important Part of My Day

If I don't take care of myself first thing in the morning, the rest of the day doesn't go as smoothly. In fact sometimes I should just stay in bed. My thoughts sometimes tend to get the best of me and my patience isn't as it should be. I have my morning ritual which doesn't always happen, but I try. This is my morning:
  • Up at 5:40
  • Scripture study
  • Work the 12 steps
  • Exercise
  • Blog
I don't always get what I  need done in time to start the rest of the day at 9 but I try. The key is getting up on time. The weekends are the hardest for me as my schedule isn't the same. So I sleep in a bit.

The most important thing for my moods and keeping myself positive throughout the day is my scripture study. I've tried doing it later in the day, however, I need the boost it gives me in the morning. Also, the most important part of it lately for me, has been my pondering time. I am trying to listen to the spirit to see how I am to apply what I am reading to my life. I haven't always done this because I feel "guilty" just sitting and not doing anything. But honestly, I have been getting more insights for me and my family in just the last few months by doing this, than the rest of my past life. So here is another thing I wish I could change about my past. Maybe the past few years wouldn't have been so hard. Oh well, now I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment