Friday, April 15, 2011

Positive Traits-- We All Have Some

Today for Step Four: Listing our positive traits. It is much easier to list our faults, so it is better to start with our good traits. This helps us so we don't keep beating ourselves up for  not being perfect. We can see that there are redeeming qualities in ourselves. Everybody has something good about them. It is good to have this list for those days when you feel  you aren't doing anything right. We can look at it and remind ourselves that we aren't as bad as we think. This also prepares us to recognize and accept our weaknesses so we can work on them. We realize that we are okay in this one area so we can become better in the area we are currently weak in. No excuses.

Questions for today:

  • As I have reviewed my life, what good qualities have I begun to recognize in myself? 
  • When have I been courageous?
  • When have I been compassionate?
  • When have I been forgiving?
  • What gifts have I received from God?
  • How does this inventory affect how I feel about myself right now?
Think good thoughts and enjoy this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment