Friday, April 8, 2011

Start Writing!

How to begin to write a fourth step inventory. The support guide suggests using Blueprint for Progress: Al-Anon's Fourth Step Inventory if you want an in-depth explanation. I ordered it off of Al-Anon's website. It is a 96 page spiral bound workbook. It cost $7.50 plus $8 shipping. I got one for my husband to use whenever he gets to step four. I'm interested to see it.

One of the first ways to begin an inventory is to write about your life. Early childhood memories, school, dating, family life, marriage and up to the present. Write what you remember good and bad. Not every detail, just what influenced you and made an impact. This will get you started in seeing why you do, think etc. the way you do. Also you can see where you can't remember much at all. You can find areas that you need to work through more in depth. I'm going to go over the one I wrote last year and see what I can add to it.

I got up this morning at 4:35. You can get a lot done when you get up early I decided. I'll probably be feeling it later. But I couldn't sleep so I decided to just get up and get things done.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment