Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Love is Not Selfish"

Yesterday was okay. I made him breakfast in bed. He didn't come to bed last night till around 3:30 so not so great today. Oh well. todays dare:
Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."
Yesterday I bought him a nice cast iron dutch oven that he has been wanting. He was happy about it but asked why I got it for him. Why did I? I told him I was working on loving him. Today has been a tough day. I really need to work on loving him in spite of what he thinks of  me. Some quotes from the book which got me thinking.
Almost every sinful action ever committed can be traced back to a selfish motive. It is a trait we hate in other people but justify in ourselves.
The bottom line is that you either make decisions out of love for others or love for yourself.
Love also leads to inner joy.
Is it selfish to want my husband to love me? My ponder question for today.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment