Thursday, March 3, 2011

Never Assume Anything

Day 33: Love Completes Each Other
Recognize that your spouse is integral to your future success. Let them now today that you desire to include them in your upcoming decisions, and that you need their perspective and counsel. If you have ignored their input in the past, admit your oversight and ask them to forgive you.

 Have you ever not paid attention to what your spouse has to say, especially if you're upset with them? I have, probably all too frequently. Marriage can not survive if you don't listen to one another. The problem is that you each have different ways of communicating and assume you know what the other person is thinking or feeling. NEVER assume anything about your spouse. That is what  has caused us too many problems. Assuming we know what the other person thought, felt etc. Thanks to thousands of dollars spent on counseling, I can say I'm getting better at listening. I make sure now I know what he means. So what you mean is .... What your saying is... When its wrong he will let me know. I'm not perfect at this yet, but I am getting better.Yea, she can be taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment