Friday, March 18, 2011

Promise of Step Three

My husband and son went to their twelve step meeting last night. I'm so glad. Now if they will work the steps.

As I was reading in Step Three this morning, I came to "The Promise of Step Three." There is a quote by Elder Richard G. Scott that I really love.
The Lord is intent on your personal growth and development. That progress is accelerated when you willingly allow Him to lead you through every growth experience you encounter, whether initially it be to your individual liking or not. When you trust in the Lord, when you are willing to let your heart and your mind be centered in His will, when you ask to be led by the Spirit to do His will, you are assured of the greatest happiness along the way and the most fulfilling attainment from this mortal experience. If you question everything you are asked to do, or dig in your heels at every unpleasant challenge, you make it harder for the Lord to bless you. Link
I really like the part of our progress is accelerated when we are willing to allow Him to lead us through our growth experiences. Allow--isn't that Step Three in a nutshell. We trust so we allow him. The entire talk is really good. I liked how encouraged us to be creative for it brings joy.  He also counsels us to make a list of things we can do for happiness. This is something we can turn to when we feel discouraged and hopeless. Hopefully if we do something on the list it will get us out of the pit of despair so we can progress.

My husband and son went to their twelve step meeting last night. I'm so glad. Now if they will work the steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment