Thursday, March 17, 2011

Am I open to the Holy Spirit?

Today I was reading the new Family Support Guide for step 3. I really like it. There are four action steps for me to work on.

  1. Learn to walk by Faith
  2. Pray and patiently wait for answers   There is that patient word again.
  3. Submit our will
  4. Find our part in God's plan
There was a quote by Elder Scott under #2 which really hit me. 
The inspiring influence of the Holy Spirit can be overcome or masked by strong emotions, such as anger, hate, passion, fear, or pride." Ensign Nov. 2009 Talk
Wow, I never thought of that before. How many times have I missed out on the influence of the Holy Spirit because I was angry or swallowed up by fear? No wonder sometimes I felt alone. I wasn't opened up to feeling the spirit. This is something  I will focus on remembering. I think I will make a sign with the quote and hang it up in my house to remind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment