Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Trials Are Good

There are times when I think I can't take life anymore. I want things to change, and to change now. Oh if life were that easy. But it always seems to be that just when you think you can't take one more thing going wrong, life gets a bit better for a moment to give you a chance to breath. It is always like this. I just have to remember to hang on a little longer it will get better. Then this morning when I'm reading step 3 I get this quote by Elder Richard G. Scott:
When you pass through trials for His purposes, as you trust Him, exercise faith in him, He will help you. That support will generally come step by step, a portion at a time. While you are passing through each phase, the pain and difficulty that comes from being enlarged will continue. If all matters were immediately resolved at your first petition, you could not grow. Your Father in Heaven and His Beloved  Son love you perfectly. They would not require you to experience a moment more of difficulty than is absolutely needed for your personal benefit or for that of those you love. Talk
That is really comforting to me. It does amaze me as to how much we can endure though, we are amazing.
Thought questions for today:

  • How can I come to trust that God's plan will bless me and those that I love?
  • Why is it important to submit cheerfully?
  • How can I learn to submit cheerfully
  • How does keeping a gratitude journal help me to submit cheerfully to God's will?
I will say that not fighting my trials tooth and nail makes it much easier to bear them when "I let go and let God". 
Also when I try to look for my blessings for the day. It is really hard to be bitter when you are trying to be grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment