Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Take My Yoke Upon You

Todays family scripture study we talked about Matthew 11:28-29 "Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me."
This  fits right in with Step 3. Think double yolk where two oxen our bound together to do what one can't do alone. By combining with Christ He is helping us with our burdens that we can't do on our own. I don't know why we make this life harder than it needs to be. Trying to do everything on our own. That isn't what God intended for us to do. He knew we needed help all along the way, that's why he provided us with a Savior. He wants us all to make it back. He has provided tons of help for us. It is our own pigheadedness that keeps us from using it. The second part of the statement, "learn of Me," I think that is key to doing the first part. So what can I do today to learn of Christ?

Day 38: Love Fulfills Dreams
Ask yourself what your mate would want if it was obtainable. Commit this to prayer, and start mapping out a plan for meeting some (it not all) of their desires, to whatever level you possible can.
Dare to overwhelm your spouse with love!

I asked my husband what his greatest desire was. He said he is just trying to make it through one day at a time. I think addictions kill dreams. So I'm going to pray that he starts getting some. That he starts coming alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment