Monday, March 7, 2011

Love Prays

Step 3: Trust in God

This can be hard if we focus on what we don't have. For instance, I thought God told me to marry this man. Why would I want to marry someone with this addiction? Well we wouldn't. If we trust God, then there is a reason why. I have wrestled with this question quite a bit. I now believe it was so I could come to trust God and really get to know him. When everything is going smoothly and wonderful, I'm less inclined to go to God for everything. I needed to learn that I had to depend on him. I have also found the closer I feel to God the easier it is for me to trust him. I guess the same could be said about my husband.

Day 37: Love Agrees In Prayer
Ask your spouse if you can begin praying together. Talk about the best time to do this, whether it's in the morning, your lunch hour, or before bedtime. Use this time to commit your concerns, disagreements, and needs before the Lord. Don't forget to thank Him for His provision and blessing. Even if your spouse refuses to do this, resolve to spend this daily time in prayer yourself.
My husband will probably have to think about this too. He has no problem with family prayer just couple prayer. He has issues trusting God too. I think prayer is one of the most powerful tools in fighting the adversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment