Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Trust in God

New month, new step. I think Step 3 can be a tough step for us co-dependents. We want to control, but this step is about trusting God enough to turn it over to him. But these steps are a process and in my case, by time I got to this step and worked with it for a while I was ready to give everything to God. What I was doing wasn't doing any good. This is a freeing step. You feel lighter when you finally turn it over to Him. So on to the step.


Step 3:
Key principle: Decide to turn our will and our life over to the care of God the Eternal Father, and His Son, Jesus Christ.
I don't know how long it would have taken me to realize I needed to totally depend on God, and ask him for daily guidance and direction, if not for this awful addiction.  I have had other "refining fires" but I didn't totally surrender my will, looking back at them. So this is what it took for me I guess. It could be worse. I'm glad God only gives us what we can handle with his help. But it would be nice to take a vacation from it for a while. :)

Love Dare Day 31: Love and Marriage

Is there a "leaving" issue you haven't been brave enough to conquer yet? Confess it to your spouse today, and resolve to make it right. The oneness of your marriage is dependent upon it. Follow this with a commitment to your spouse and to God to make your marriage the top priority over every other human relationship.
The leaving issue refers to this scripture: "A man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2:24  Sometimes we think we are leaving and cleaving to our spouses but subconsciously we haven't completely there is a thread to the apron strings you forgot was there. As it says in "The Love Dare:"  "Leave. And cleave. And dare to walk as one."


There was a point in our relationship that I put our children before my husband. It was easy to do. I hardly ever saw him. But that was a big mistake. Now I try to focus more on my husband and our relationship. Hopefully it will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment