Friday, February 4, 2011

"Love is Not Irritable"

Well I never got the other two out of him yesterday. Maybe today.
Day 6 Dare:
Choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you  need to release from your life.

This dare really relates to spouses of addicts. It is so easy to overreact and be unloving when they relapse etc. I have found that if you do have a big reaction to his viewing it makes it worse for him instead of better. Being in control of my emotions instead of letting them control me is a faster way to emotional and spiritual health. So this works right in with step 2 also.

I know that when I am tired it is easier for me to overreact and be irritated. So I need to take care of myself. When I don't sometimes I don't even like to be near me. Everything is so intertwined. If we work on healing ourself, we are more patient and more loving, then our spouses feel safer and it is easier for them to start their healing too. So today I know I'm tired so I have to be extra careful of what I say and do. I want to be a better me. Just taking it one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment