Sunday, February 20, 2011

Love is Faithful

Day 22: Love is Faithful

Love is a choice, not a feeling. If is an initiated action, not a knee-jerk reaction. Choose today to be committed to love even if your spouse has lost most of their interest in receiving it. Say to them today in words similar to these, "I Love You. Period. I choose to love you even if you don't love me in return."
I needed this one today. Some days you just wake up and it gets started out on the wrong foot and you need to be reminded of what is important. One of my triggers for my funky moods is being really tired. Well I am really, really tired.  So this step is a good reminder of who I want to be. I want to be a loving person no matter what. Even when it is not returned. I think that is the hardest time of all. So I did it. Said it to my loving husband and he smiled. I think he thinks I'm nuts sometimes. Well, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment