Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh foolish Woman I Can Be

Well this morning I was reading my scriptures and I read something that this time I got. I hadn't applied it to me before. Maybe because I am working on Step 2 which is God can restore us to emotional and spiritual health, that I got it. 2 Nephi 9:28-29
28O that cunning aplan of the evil one! O the bvainness, and the frailties, and the cfoolishness of men! When they are dlearned they think they are ewise, and they fhearken not unto the gcounsel of God, for they set it aside, supposing they know of themselves, wherefore, their hwisdom is foolishness and it profiteth them not. And they shall perish.
 29But to be alearned is good if they bhearken unto the ccounsels of God.
 Well before I ever read the 12 steps, I tried to do everything myself. I told God what I wanted him to do when I prayed. O foolish woman that I was. I didn't listen to the counsel of God. Thought I knew enough. Well that didn't work too good for me. It is working much better when I let God direct me. I need to keep remembering this because I find it easy to slip into my old patterns if I don't pay attention.

It says the cunning plan of the evil one. Ya I guess my husband wasn't the only one falling into his trap. Satan only brings me misery. I've got to stop paying attention to the whisperings he keeps putting in  my ear. Today I will not be rude to God or me or my husband. I will let God do his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment