Saturday, February 12, 2011

My Responsibility

It is my choice and my responsibility to heal and make a better life for me. It is not dependent on my husbands recovery or my children's moods or the state of the economy. Improvement in those areas would make it easier but I'm not so sure it would make it so long lasting. I don't grow nearly so much when life is going smoothly as when it is tough. Hence I need the refiners fire. This leads  me to the 8th C of Emotional and Spiritual Healing.
8. I can come to accept that it is my responsibility with the help of my Father in Heaven to discover what I need to do to heal and recover.
I have learned that I need Heavenly Fathers help. I don't just want it, but I need it like I need air to breathe. I can't live with out either. I have tried to do this on my own and it just doesn't work. I needed to humble myself and plead with God for the strength to go on. It is definitely worth the work.

Now for the Love Dare. Yesterday was good. I was glad I had written down my rules. It comes in handy with all my relationships.

Day 14: Love Takes Delight
Purposefully neglect an activity you would normally do so you can spend quality time with your spouse. Do something he or she would love to do or a project they'd really like to work on. Just be together.
This one will be good. It is good to spend time together. I have gotten so used to being by myself, that I'm comfortable with that. So making time to be with my husband will be good for us both. This is also a good day to remember why you fell in love with them and married them in the first place. I like these quotes from The Love Dare book:
In other words, love that chooses to love is just as powerful as love that feels like loving. In many ways, it's a truer love because it has its eyes wide open. 
Again, you get to choose what you treasure.
So today I choose to love and treasure my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment