Monday, February 7, 2011

"Love Makes Good Impressions"

Yesterday worked good except I couldn't get the  negative list to burn very well, so I shredded it. Thanked him for learning to control his anger, which has been a wonderful miracle. I asked him what made him start and he said what I told him. He didn't know it had got so bad. Hey he listened to me.

Day 9 Dare:
Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and with enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.
 This reminds me of a Gary Smalley video I saw. He pulled out a Stradivarius violin and the audience goes ah. He had someone come up and hold it and they took it with the greatest of care and respect. Then he compared that to how we treat our spouse. When we see them to we get excited. Treat them like a valuable Stratovarius violin, after all they are a child of God. That is even more valuable.

So today I'm going to greet my spouse as if he is the greatest man on earth. He should be to me anyway right?
Let's see how they react.

No comments:

Post a Comment