Friday, February 25, 2011

Love Encourages

Day 27: Love Encourages
Eliminate the poison of unrealistic expectations in your home. think of one area where your spouse has told you you're expecting too much, and tell them you're sorry for being so hard on them about it. Promise them you'll seek to understand, and assure them of your unconditional love. 
 This is the hardest one for me so far. My weakness is I expect perfection of myself and therefore project that onto my family. That isn't fair to anyone. I'm glad I'm doing the dare again. I needed to be reminded of this. Get the mote out of my own eye. It is easy to rebel when you think someone has put unrealistic expectations on you. I know I do that. But not doing this anymore is easier said than done. Any ideas? This is where I am going to really dig deep within myself and go to God constantly. This has been ingrained in me for as long as I can remember. I am better than I used to be but not good enough. (Guess I even need to be perfect about this. Ha ha.) I scripture I'm going to focus on today and for a while is 1Thessalonians 5:11,14
Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do. ...be patient toward all men.
I even need to be patient with myself.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment