Wednesday, February 2, 2011

He Can!

With the twelve steps, Step 1 helps me realize I can't do anything about my husbands addiction. Step 2 helps me realize that only God can help my spouse and me.
Step 2: Come to believe that the power of God can restore us to complete spiritual and emotional health.
It seems that when I get to thinking that I'm doing okay and I'm in control. God gently reminds me I'm not. Which has happened this week for me. So I am really glad that this month I am devoting to Step 2. When I let my negative thinking take over, I feel hopeless. I need hope, we all do, or life feels pointless.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me emotionally, and God told me to write some excerpts from my journals for my husband to read. I spent a good portion of yesterday  writing parts of my journal from when I met my husband till 12 years ago. Last night I gave it to my husband to read. This morning he came to me twice and apologized for being a jerk and gave me a hug. He had forgotten how he was back then and me. It put things in a different perspective. I think that is why we need to keep journals. We forget. I read experiences with my oldest son (who is now a difficult son) and how sweet he was and loving. We  need to remember these things. They give us hope for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment