Monday, February 28, 2011

Sins Begin As Thoughts

In my scripture study today I was reading in Jacob 2. Verse five really struck me.
But behold, hearken ye unto me, and know that by the help of the all-powerful Creator of heaven and earth I can tell you concerning your athoughts, how that ye are beginning to labor in sin, which sin appeareth very abominable unto me, yea, and abominable unto God.
Our sins start with our thoughts. I know when I get depressed and down it all begins with my thoughts. My husband gets sucked into his addiction with his thoughts. I need to control my thoughts instead of my thoughts controlling me.  My mantra for the day.

Day 30: Love Brings Unity
Isolate one area of division in your marriage and look on today as a fresh opportunity to pray about it. Ask the Lord to reveal anything in your own heart that is threatening oneness with your spouse. Pray that he would do the same for them. And if appropriate, discuss this matter openly, seeking God for unity.
 A lot of these dares tell us to pray, which I think is a good thing. I believe prayer transforms a person. These dares may not make a difference in my husbands thinking but they do make a difference in mine. Prayer can help bring  our eyes into focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment